The Department of Economics offers students in other majors the opportunity to minor in Economics. The minor is through the Economics, College of Science program.
The Department of Economics accepts and processes requests for minors at any time.
1. Download and complete the Change of Major/Minor Form.
2. Submit the Change of Major/Minor Form to Erika Perdue via the Economics Document Submission Portal who will then submit it to the College of Science Dean’s Office.
3. If you have any questions, schedule an appointment with Erika Perdue, Undergraduate Advisor, via Email or Navigate.
The minor requires students to complete 18 credit hours which include the following.
- ECON 2005, Microeconomic Principles
- ECON 2006, Macroeconomic Principles
- ECON 3104, Microeconomic Theory
- ECON 3204, Macroeconomic Theory
- 2 ECON Electives at the 3000 or 4000 level
For the Minor Checksheet click here.
Students earning a minor in Economics need to know.
- All prerequisites for all ECON courses must be met before the student will be allowed to complete the course.
- All 3000 and 4000 level courses in ECON are restricted to majors only during Course Request and Drop/Add during Course Request and the first Drop/Add period for a semester (November/December and April/May). This means that a minor will not be able to Course Request or Drop/Add ECON courses at the 3000 and 4000 until the restriction is removed for the second Drop/Add period (January and August).
- The Department of Economics does not force add. If you cannot register for a course using Drop/Add once the major restriction is removed you will not be able to be placed in the course.